Start your new employees off on the right foot by implementing a forward-thinking onboarding program.
Everyone gets first-day jitters. Just like the student with a new backpack on the first day of school, your new employees are nervous. They want to make a good first impression, they want to fit in with your company culture, and, even more importantly, they want to feel confident that you’re willing to invest as much in their success as they are.
Prove to your new employees that you value them by implementing a thorough and effective Employee Onboarding program. By effectively onboarding your employees, you can accomplish these goals:
- Reduce the time it takes for new employees to become productive members of the team by streamlining the training process.
- Eliminate embarrassing “first-timer” mistakes and missteps to allow your employees to feel comfortable and put their best foot forward.
- Decrease turnover, which typically costs a company 50% of that employee’s yearly salary, by investing in your employees so they’ll be invested in your company.
A successful onboarding program should include the following topics:
- Corporate structure and chain of command.
- “Unwritten rules” of company culture.
- Company history and background.
- Procedural, job-specific training.
Many companies will institute an onboarding program and deploy it through their corporate Learning Management System. While an LMS is a fantastic tool for efficiently delivering training, and saving money on overhead, there are certain functions key to a successful onboarding program that traditional LMS’s will leave out. Blended learning, incorporating elements of both online and in-person training, is frequently a challenge for most LMS providers. Essential parts of the onboarding process such as mentoring, on-the-job training, and task completion, can be difficult to manage in a traditional virtual system.
Next generation learning management systems, including the Asentia Learning Management System (LMS), are specifically designed to support all aspects of a blended learning program, including all virtual and in-person training initiatives. Their advanced suite of reporting and tracking functions paired with a naturally social learning environment make for the ideal deployment of an online training program – your new employees will learn much faster from interactions with their peers.
Your new hires are eager to up-to-speed as quickly and efficiently as possible – enable their success when designing a New Employee Onboarding program by taking advantage of a multi-faceted approach through a successful blended learning program.
Want to chat about how Asentia can be used to deliver, track, and report on your new employee onboarding programs? We’d love to hear from you!